We deliver courses using:
Guidance on the standards for CPR is available on the UK Resuscitation Council website and each Awarding Organisation's, ( e.g. SQA) website, where they set out their qualification assessment standards.
What we can do differently is take cognisance of the requesting organisation's First Aid Needs Assessment, which may say that their organisation's first aid needs risk assessment says that "hands only CPR" is the organisation's expected standard for their trained staff, something that some awarding organisations will refuse to acknowledge is relevant and refuse their qualification.
Potentially controversial but this is something to bear in mind when booking a first aid course.
To improve both student safety and experience each student :
1) uses their own allocated manikins, training defib, training epi-pen, mat and apron.
2) is given a training pack which contains gloves, triangular bandage, medium wound dressing and cpr faceshield
3) is shown how to don and doff their PPE
4) is given an appropriate up to date book which reflects the course syllabus
Setting up and clearing up for a practical session requires us to :
1) cleaning every mat with antibacterial spray
2) cleaning every manikin, training defib and training epi pen used with appropriate wipes
3) cleaning every chair with antibacterial wipes or spray as appropriate
4) restocking the items used and taken away, i.e. the training pack, apron and book